Like any creative discipline, film is a medium that constantly varies in approach both onscreen and off. For this reason, the personalities of actors and directors can compliment each other like salt and pepper or clash like fire and ice. When creative forces collide in Hollywood they can result in some of the most enthralling yarns you’ll find in gossip rags. Here are 15 legendary cases of an actor versus a director—some reputable, some not, all worth a look nonetheless.
George Clooney & David O. Russell
Director David O. Russell established his penchant for behaving badly on the set of Three Kings. The movie would become a breakout hit of 1999, but at a cost—a fight with star George Clooney and Russell broke out, resulting in Hollywood headlines. Reports vary—crew members say Clooney punched Russell when the director fired a crew member and kicked another. Clooney claims Russell insulted and head butted him first. Russell, finally, claims he never physically touched anyone. Bad blood has remained between the pair throughout the last decade. When asked of the altercation in a 2004 issue of Premiere, Clooney responded “Quite honestly, if he comes near me, I’ll sock him right in the f—ing mouth.”
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process
- Musicians At The Movies: 15 Rock Stars, Rappers, And Pop Icons Who Received Their Own Film Vehicles
- 15 Musicians With The Biggest World Tours!
- Hollywood Slim Down: 15 Stars Who Lost Major Weight
- In Light Of Yahoo's Big Day: 10 Fashion Tumblrs You Need To Follow
- Powerball Flashback: A Look At Winners Past