Heat styling doesn’t have to be that awful monster that ruins your curl pattern and causes the hair to break. With the proper tools and technique, one can have the freedom to sport straight styles every now and then.
So here are four steps to follow for sleek tresses.
Start out with a heat-protecting and conditioning regimen to protect and strengthen your locks. The Carol’s Daughter Chocolat line is perfect for this. It contains a smoothing shampoo, conditioner, and blow dry cream which all work to smooth and rebuild your hair’s structure, eliminate frizz, and keeps the hair straight longer.
A good heat protector like Nubian Heritage Heat Protect Keratin Hair Spray Honey & Black Seed will help prevent damage from heat styling tools. But remember, protectors can only do but so much. Try to eliminate the excessive use of heat by keeping the hair wrapped at night with a satin or silk scarf so you don’t have to do too much re-straightening.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- In Light Of Yahoo's Big Day: 10 Fashion Tumblrs You Need To Follow
- Powerball Flashback: A Look At Winners Past
- Hollywood's 15 Most Famous On Again-Off Again Couples
- Are These Once M.I.A. Celebs Ready For A Comeback? 15 Stars That May Be Poised For Career Revival
- Fun and Sun: 15 Summer Beauty Must-Haves
- Blue Carpet Rundown: The 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)