Photo: B. Dowling/WENN.com
Let’s face facts—though the phrase “Friends Forever” gets thrown around a lot, managing to pull an act like that off is incredibly difficult. Even “Friends For An Extended Period of Time” is tricky, not to mention a lot less catchy. For celebrities the problem can be exasperated by the fact every little thing they do is scrutinized by the media, the public, and their peers. This also means when friendships go wrong, ensuing feuds are publicized across the globe. Here are 15 celebrity friendships that led to a falling-out for all the public to see.
Courteney Cox & Jennifer Aniston
During their time performing together on the massively successful sitcom Friends, Courteney Cox and Jennifer Aniston became, well, friends. From 1994 on they remained close and were the subject of much paparazzi and tabloid chatter. In 2011 things reportedly took a turn when Cox separated from husband David Arquette and became romantically linked with Brian Van Holt and Josh Hopkins, two of her Cougar Town co-stars. The changeover supposedly gave Aniston a flashback to her own marital split with Brad Pitt, who began his long term relationship with Angelina Jolie while the divorce papers were barely dried. Not eager to see Cox pull a Pitt on Arquette, the stars parted ways. The falling out would continue to follow the stars’ reputations until, eventually, they reunited for a double date earlier this year, making this falling out one of the rare entries on this list that may have a happy ending.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- 15 Once Tween Stars Who Have Ditched The All American Look For A Edgier Persona!
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Selena Gomez, Bridget Kelly And More!)
- Shop 16 Chic Accessories For Stylish Gadget Geeks & Techies
- So Hard To Say Goodbye: 15 Celebrity Couples We Were Sad To See Go
- Filtered Flicks: This Week’s Most Stylish On Instagram (Selita Ebanks Shines In Mizrahi, J.Lo Chills On Set With Pitbull And More!)
- Arrested Development: 15 Celebs Who Have Been Arrested
- 15 Celebs Who Ditched Their Long Hair For A Shorter Look
- These Actors Almost Missed Out (And So Did We): 15 Stars Who Nearly Passed On Iconic Roles