Most people wouldn’t give up a PhD program to create their own hair product line, but Shana Green went from chemistry major to CEO of her own Miami-based beauty product company, ILY Beauty Co. Specializing in natural, organic hair products for women of all hair types, the name of her company essentially means, “I love you and that’s why we launched it on Valentines Day last year,” said Shana. While learning about the Toxic Substance Control Act, Shana realized how harmful most products on the market are to the human body and set out to make a change.
Her hair products consist of eco- friendly healthy ingredients such as Camellia seed to soften hair, avocado oil to add vitamin A and Cupuacu butter to seal in moisture. Her favorite and best-selling product is Adore ( Leave-in conditioner), which contains bamboo to add strength to the hair and silica to make hair more manageable and soft.
Photo: Courtesy of ILY Beauty Co.
Along with hair products her line consists of facial cleansers, body butters and lip balms. All 25 of her products range from $15 to $25 dollars so its great for those recessionistas. A strong women’s health and development advocate, Shana gives a portion of her proceeds to charities such as CARE & Girls Inc.
Just in time for the holidays ILY Beauty Co. is offering a special 10% discount for StyleBlazers from now until January 5th, 2013. Just use the code “styleblazer” at checkout. With a few different holidays to celebrate in the coming weeks, we asked Shana about some festive hairstyle tips for your upcoming fête. She says the theme for this holiday season is “taking that top knot trend up a notch.”
Click through to see which hairstyles are ILY Beauty Co. and StyleBlazer approved for your hair type.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Becoming 'Yeezus': How Kanye West's Style Has Evolved Since 'The College Dropout'
- 15 Fashion Trends We Never Want To See Again!
- They Turned Up The Melodrama For TV Movies: 15 Stars Who Starred In Lifetime Original Films
- 15 Celebs Who Love A Pair Of Ripped Jeans
- Extreme Beauty: 15 Wacky Celebrity Beauty Treatments
- The Evolution of Baby Kimye: From Baby Bump to Bouncing Baby Girl!
- Father's Day Love: 15 Of The Most Adorable Celebrity Photos
- 15 Of the Most Surprising Things Celebs Have Said