It’s hard to pin down what makes a star writer, actor, musician or filmmaker want to shy away from the spotlight. Perhaps it’s the mental and emotional toll of living in public– the stress of being scrutinized for every word or action. Whatever the reason, here are 15 celebrities who have lived or still currently live in seclusion from the rest of the world.
Photo: Bryan Howard/WENN
Despite being the author of one of the most beloved books in American history, Harper Lee has been labeled a “recluse” by the media. The Pulitzer prize winning author of To Kill A Mockingbird has refused interviews and public appearances for the majority of her life since her novel was published. She currently lives in an assisted living facility in her home state of Alabama.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!
- Star Witness: 15 Celebrities Who Were Witnesses or Called to Testify in Major Cases
- You're Doing it Wrong!: 15 Movies Based on a True Story That Received Backlash From Their Real-Life Characters
- They Survived Torment, Humiliation, And Degradation Before Fame: 15 Stars Who Were Bullied
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process