Now in addition to her show, the 70-year-old is planning to launch an affordable dress line according to an in-depth piece in the New York Times. The line coming out in February, will be called Betsey Johnson (creative.) and will be sold at Macy’s and Nordstrom stores. Priced from $99 to $249, the dresses will be “young in spirit like Betsey is, but accessible for women up to 40 years old,” Lisa Andriulli, a vice president of Macy’s, told the NYT.
We’re excited to see what the collection brings and happy that Betsey was revived by the opportunities. “I’ll be so depressed when I can’t do [cartwheels] anymore,” she told says, referring to her signature runway show spin. “At that point, you may as well just put me in a wheelchair.”
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- These Secret Twists Didn't Get Spoiled: 15 Of Our Favorite Old And New Film Fake-Outs
- Discovered by Disney: 15 Stars Who Got Their Start With Mickey
- The It Factor: Kelly Rowland's 10 Best Looks
- Editors' Pick: Best Shoe Game
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!
- Star Witness: 15 Celebrities Who Were Witnesses or Called to Testify in Major Cases
- You're Doing it Wrong!: 15 Movies Based on a True Story That Received Backlash From Their Real-Life Characters