Cedella Marley is more than just the first child of reggae music legend, Bob Marley.
The mother, wife, author and singer has also made a mark on the fashion industry as the head of One Love design company and label, Catch a Fire. This year, Cedella partnered with Puma to design the official Jamaican Olympic team uniforms, showing pride for her home country and certifying her place in the fashion world.
With a new year ahead and exciting plans for her company, the taste-maker took time to chat with us about it all.
On where she draws design inspiration from: I find style inspirations from a variety of things. Recently, since it’s Holiday season – I find inspiration from being home, being by the water, the beautiful views, everything about my entire family inspires me daily. I have a huge family so the inspiration is always flowing. I’ve always been inspired by my mom’s ability to mix beautiful prints and my dad’s iconic all denim look.
On her father’s music and its influence today: I find inspiration in music – I come from a musical family! I recently adapted one of my dad’s songs, “Three Little Birds” into a children’s book. I also really love how Rihanna represents Caribbean culture and stays true to her roots – I know she’s a huge fan of my dad.
Click here to find out more about the Bob Marley Shop.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- In Light Of Yahoo's Big Day: 10 Fashion Tumblrs You Need To Follow
- Powerball Flashback: A Look At Winners Past
- Hollywood's 15 Most Famous On Again-Off Again Couples
- Are These Once M.I.A. Celebs Ready For A Comeback? 15 Stars That May Be Poised For Career Revival
- Fun and Sun: 15 Summer Beauty Must-Haves
- Blue Carpet Rundown: The 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)