Cedella Marley is more than just the first child of reggae music legend, Bob Marley.
The mother, wife, author and singer has also made a mark on the fashion industry as the head of One Love design company and label, Catch a Fire. This year, Cedella partnered with Puma to design the official Jamaican Olympic team uniforms, showing pride for her home country and certifying her place in the fashion world.
With a new year ahead and exciting plans for her company, the taste-maker took time to chat with us about it all.
On where she draws design inspiration from: I find style inspirations from a variety of things. Recently, since it’s Holiday season – I find inspiration from being home, being by the water, the beautiful views, everything about my entire family inspires me daily. I have a huge family so the inspiration is always flowing. I’ve always been inspired by my mom’s ability to mix beautiful prints and my dad’s iconic all denim look.
On her father’s music and its influence today: I find inspiration in music – I come from a musical family! I recently adapted one of my dad’s songs, “Three Little Birds” into a children’s book. I also really love how Rihanna represents Caribbean culture and stays true to her roots – I know she’s a huge fan of my dad.
Click here to find out more about the Bob Marley Shop.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process
- Musicians At The Movies: 15 Rock Stars, Rappers, And Pop Icons Who Received Their Own Film Vehicles
- 15 Musicians With The Biggest World Tours!
- Hollywood Slim Down: 15 Stars Who Lost Major Weight
- In Light Of Yahoo's Big Day: 10 Fashion Tumblrs You Need To Follow
- Powerball Flashback: A Look At Winners Past