“We Are Young” singer and six time Grammy nominee Janelle Monae rocks her signature black and white tuxedo and pompadour on the cover of Jones Magazine‘s 2nd Winter Arts & Entertainment issue. The detailing on her huge black bow tie gives her look a little holiday glam.
After giving the world and fashion naysayers the rundown on her signature tux at the 2012 Black Girls Rock Awards, we adore Janelle Monae even more:
“When I started my music career, I was a maid. I used to clean houses. My mother was a proud janitor. My stepfather, who raised me like his very own, worked at the post office and my father was a trashman. They all wore uniforms and that’s why I stand here today, in my black and white, and I wear my uniform to honor them.”
What do you think of Janelle Monae’s cover?
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)
- Modelizers: Leading Men Who Chose Models
- The Sequels Being Fast Tracked That You Didn't Expect: 15 Upcoming (And Surprising) Franchise Follow-Ups
- Billboard Music Awards: Best Dressed History
- Fitspiration: Brown Girls DO Work Out! (Our Fave Celebs Getting It In At The Gym)
- Fine Wine: 15 Men Who Got Better Looking With Age
- Embellished Fashion Pieces for Day & Night