2012 brought the music industry some unique new artists who renewed our faith in music with their eclectic style and true substance. It also showed us that music lovers are still willing to pay for the music (or the image) that they love with both new and already established artists leading the charts and making bank like never before. Now that the year is coming to a close check out the Hottest Artists of 2012 that made the world listen up and take notice.
Elle’s soulful raspy voice and colorful funky style was introduced to the masses in 2010 when she became one of the first artists to be featured in BET’s Music Matters campaign. Her first single “Only Wanna Give it to You” featured rapper J.Cole (the two went to college together) and became a radio hit. Her second single fared even better. Elle’s jazz tinged pop/rnb is a refreshing drink lemonade in a fridge full of over saturated sugar water, that’s got us all asking for a refill.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)
- Modelizers: Leading Men Who Chose Models
- The Sequels Being Fast Tracked That You Didn't Expect: 15 Upcoming (And Surprising) Franchise Follow-Ups
- Billboard Music Awards: Best Dressed History
- Fitspiration: Brown Girls DO Work Out! (Our Fave Celebs Getting It In At The Gym)
- Fine Wine: 15 Men Who Got Better Looking With Age
- Embellished Fashion Pieces for Day & Night