Wherever your New Year’s plans take you this year, one thing is for sure: you should ring it in beautifully. Which is why we scoured the net looking for gorgeous makeup looks for you to try for the countdown to 2013. Every single look works on a myriad of skin tones and is easy enough to DIY. (Yet if you were to cheat and bring these to your favorite makeup artist, we won’t be mad at ya!)
So here are 5 celeb-inspired makeup looks to try for ringing in 2013, starting with Ms. Motivation herself, Kelly Rowland.
This look features mostly neutrals and then a brilliant pop of blue on the eyes. To get Kelly‘s gorgeous eye makeup:
- Start with an eye primer like Urban Decay Primer Potion to ensure the shadow works to its utmost power and lasts all night.
- Then apply a navy blue luminous finish shadow like Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Evidence on the lid and into the crease.
- To create depth, blend a matte black shadow like MAC Eyeshadow in Carbon on the outer “V” of the eyes. Use both the navy and black shadow to line underneath the lower lash line.
- Finish off with lashes like MAC #44.
- For the lips, try a mix of MAC Lustreglass in Beaux and MAC Lip Pencil in Chesnut.
Turn the page for Selita!