A new year begins a clean fashion slate and rights any wrongs committed in the past year. So if your style had some (ahem) “down” fashion moments in 2012, fret not. 2012 is about to become a distant memory, and there are certain things we think every fashionista (or fashionista hopeful) need to take heed to in 2013. We made a list to take the work out of making resolutions—fashion-wise that is.
See what made the list!
1.Thou Shall Retire The Bodycon
OK, maybe retiring the bodycon altogether may be a bit harsh, but let’s understand there’s more to fashion than having every inch of fabric clinging to your body all the time. So let’s talk more about balance. Why not mix your bodycon pieces with something edgy like a motorcycle jacket or combat boots? Or for every form-fitting outfit, throw in something slouchy.
2. Thou Shall Mix Prints
Our fave StyleBlazer Solange Knowles has shown us time and time again how cool mixing prints can be. If you’re still on the fence about how to pull it off successfully, here are some quick tips:
1. Mix similar prints of a different color: black & white polka dots with red & white polka dots; classic leopard print with red leopard print, etc.
2. Mix different prints that have a color in common: black & white stripes with black & white dots
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Overnight Sensations: 15 Celebrities Who Seem To Have Made It Overnight
- Tinseltown Magic: 15 Stars Who Have Opted For Plastic Surgery
- These Secret Twists Didn't Get Spoiled: 15 Of Our Favorite Old And New Film Fake-Outs
- Discovered by Disney: 15 Stars Who Got Their Start With Mickey
- The It Factor: Kelly Rowland's 10 Best Looks
- Editors' Pick: Best Shoe Game
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!