Typically when we think of J. Crew, thoughts of cable sweaters, cigar slacks and preppy accessories cross our mind.
The mid-priced American brand hopes to fall into the luxury market with a updated version of their signature Edie purse. The normal price point of the bag is $238 to $298, but the new alligator version will retail for $1,500. Yes, that’s right, $1,500!
Only sold at the brand’s Madison Ave flagship store, a lesser python version is also available on their site for a cool $795. If it seems insanely priced, J. Crew describes it as “[a] one-of-a-kind bag is hand-finished in New York City with antiqued hardware, twill lining and a detachable shoulder strap—so you can carry it as a clutch like Jenna does.”
So, you convinced to buy this?
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Selena Gomez, Bridget Kelly And More!)
- Shop 16 Chic Accessories For Stylish Gadget Geeks & Techies
- So Hard To Say Goodbye: 15 Celebrity Couples We Were Sad To See Go
- Filtered Flicks: This Week’s Most Stylish On Instagram (Selita Ebanks Shines In Mizrahi, J.Lo Chills On Set With Pitbull And More!)
- Arrested Development: 15 Celebs Who Have Been Arrested
- 15 Celebs Who Ditched Their Long Hair For A Shorter Look
- These Actors Almost Missed Out (And So Did We): 15 Stars Who Nearly Passed On Iconic Roles
- Celeb Moms That Bounced Back After Pregnancy Like It Was Nothing (Beyoncé's Body Post Blue Ivy, Jennifer Lopez's Curves After Twins and More!)