We’re all about finding new tips and tricks to keep our hair and makeup on point and in 2013, we had a little help thanks to social media fave Pinterest. Our fellow pinners took to their beauty boards and shared some never-before-seen advice for StyleBlazers across the globe to try right at home.
From DIY makeup brush cleaners to manicures-made-easy, here are our top five tried and true lessons learned on Pinterest to bring into the New Year and beyond!
We generally try to clean our makeup brushes at least twice a month and while cosmetic companies make some great brush cleansers, a free alternative is always our preference! This simple solution had the makeup residue practically vanishing from our brushes, instantly making them squeaky clean yet keeping the bristles amazingly smooth.
Our tip: Ease up on the olive oil—oil and powder makeup is never a good combo!
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- 15 Celebs Who Had Crazy Custody Battles
- Becoming 'Yeezus': How Kanye West's Style Has Evolved Since 'The College Dropout'
- 15 Fashion Trends We Never Want To See Again!
- They Turned Up The Melodrama For TV Movies: 15 Stars Who Starred In Lifetime Original Films
- 15 Celebs Who Love A Pair Of Ripped Jeans
- Extreme Beauty: 15 Wacky Celebrity Beauty Treatments
- The Evolution of Baby Kimye: From Baby Bump to Bouncing Baby Girl!
- Father's Day Love: 15 Of The Most Adorable Celebrity Photos