Azealia Banks, fashion’s newest darling, seems to be leery of the fashion industry’s warm embrace. According to Fashionista, Banks recently told HYPETRAK in a video segment, “If you place your faith in the fashion world you will get let down as an artist. You absolutely will get let down.” The manner in which she describes the industry is that of a fickle beast, saying “you can very easily get sucked up by the fashion world because they bring artists in to make themselves look a certain way. Then, as soon as someone new comes up they’ve completely forgotten about you. They’re so fickle, they’ve completely forgotten about you, and they completely disregard you.” She also expressed that too much attention from the industry can “smoother you” and serve as a negative distraction, which almost happened to her.
We are now wondering if we will be seeing less of fashion’s darling on red carpets and hearing more music from her.
StyleBlazers, do you think there is truth in what Azealia said?
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!
- Star Witness: 15 Celebrities Who Were Witnesses or Called to Testify in Major Cases
- You're Doing it Wrong!: 15 Movies Based on a True Story That Received Backlash From Their Real-Life Characters
- They Survived Torment, Humiliation, And Degradation Before Fame: 15 Stars Who Were Bullied
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process