Joan Smalls has had an amazing year. The Puerto Rican model covered three Vogue publications (Italia, Australia and Turkey) was shot by known photographers, covered W and Pop magazines, did ad campaigns for four major fashion labels and was voted Models.com No. 1 model. Oh yea, and she’s already on the cover for Vogue Japan’s January 2013 issue.
So it was a bit of a surprise that the 24-year-old came in at No. 6 for Vogue magazine’s ‘Top 10 Models of 2012′. What can we say, we’re fans. As background, the ranking considers quantity in the amount of pages/single editorials done and quality in the photographers and editions worked on– both of which Joan didn’t have the highest number of.
Topping the list is the gorgeous Karlie Kloss, who is a co-host on MTV “House of Style” with Jourdan Dunn.
Needless to say, we’re excited for the year ahead for both ladies and are sure to see more!
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Overnight Sensations: 15 Celebrities Who Seem To Have Made It Overnight
- Tinseltown Magic: 15 Stars Who Have Opted For Plastic Surgery
- These Secret Twists Didn't Get Spoiled: 15 Of Our Favorite Old And New Film Fake-Outs
- Discovered by Disney: 15 Stars Who Got Their Start With Mickey
- The It Factor: Kelly Rowland's 10 Best Looks
- Editors' Pick: Best Shoe Game
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!