For moviegoers, it can be hard reconciling action movie heroes from the men and women who play them. Sure, they’re just actors in a movie, but on some level you can’t help but want these superstars to be as noble and selfless in real life as they are on the big screen. It’s a high standard to live up to and one that often magnifies the mistakes and scandals an action star might make. For proof here are 15 not-so-heroic incidents that have tainted the action-hero pedigree of these explosive stars.
Photo: Dominic Chan/WENN.com
In 2010, Under Siege star Steven Seagal came under fire from a lawsuit filed by a former employee. Kayden Nguyen, the star’s former assistant, filed for “sexual harassment, illegal trafficking of females for sex, failure to prevent sexual harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination and false representation about employment.” The actor’s reps would call the suit “ridiculous”, but this wasn’t the first claim of harassment leveled at Seagal. A 1998 Penthouse report had nine women detail stories of Seagal’s sexual harassment, a 2001 lawsuit would be filed by musician Patricia Nichols over similar circumstances, and model/actress Jenny McCarthy once claimed Seagal asked her to strip during a “private” audition for Under Siege 2. Nevertheless, Nguyen would withdraw her claim three months later without public explanation.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Editors' Pick: Must Have Summer Items
- TV Chic: Top 15 Most Fashionable TV Characters
- 15 Fitness Tips & Tricks From The Stars
- 15 Timeless Beauties We Love
- The Fountain of Youth: 15 Celebrity Anti-Aging Tips & Tricks
- 15 Celebrities Who Helped Revive Other Celeb's Careers
- Films of the Future? 15 Movies That Accurately Predicted Events
- 15 Celebs Who Had Crazy Custody Battles