African head wraps are a mainstay trend that are great to wear for a day of running errands or a night of fun. As the eclectic artsy look has slowly crept into fashion we’re now seeing the hair pieces on celebrities and in major fashion shows.
For those of you who have a few scarves, wax prints or kente cloths lying around look below to get the step-by-step breakdown of how to nail the look.
Materials: Head wrap (preferably something with a little stretch) and bobby pins
Step 1: Put the head wrap behind your head and extend to both sides.
Step 2: Pull the left end of the head wrap around and across the front of your head.
Step 3: Pull the right end of the head wrap around and across the top of your head.
Step 4: Wrap the left side of the head wrap around the back of your head and over the right side.
Step 5: Wrap the right side of the head wrap around the back of your head, and to the left side.
Step 6: Fold the two pieces of the head wrap in front of your head or side. Hold in place with bobby pins.
To see the visual steps and a video with more styles, go here.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- 15 Celebs Who Had Crazy Custody Battles
- Becoming 'Yeezus': How Kanye West's Style Has Evolved Since 'The College Dropout'
- 15 Fashion Trends We Never Want To See Again!
- They Turned Up The Melodrama For TV Movies: 15 Stars Who Starred In Lifetime Original Films
- 15 Celebs Who Love A Pair Of Ripped Jeans
- Extreme Beauty: 15 Wacky Celebrity Beauty Treatments
- The Evolution of Baby Kimye: From Baby Bump to Bouncing Baby Girl!
- Father's Day Love: 15 Of The Most Adorable Celebrity Photos