Photo: Ruven Afanador for EW
If you aren’t hooked on Smash yet, NBC just might have enlisted the right diva to get you hooked. Jennifer Hudson is starring in the hit show’s new season! The triple threat diva teamed up with Smash co-stars Katharine McPhee and Megan Hilty for a full on high fashion glitz cover shoot for EW‘s “Winter TV Preview” issue.
Stylist Jennifer Hitzges brought a bit of the runway to Broadway, and dressed the stars in Herve Ledger, Jenny Packham and Christian Louboutin, with beauty inspired by Sophia Loren‘s Old Hollywood glam. Mission quite fashionably accomplished!
Like the rest of America, Hitzges was in awe of J-Hud’s super toned body: “Jennifer looked like she had legs [that went on] forever.” Jennifer sparkled in a Haute Hippie gown and Manolo Blahnik peep toe d’Orsays. And it wasn’t all quiet on the set for these powerhouse songbirds. The glam trio harmonized to Whitney Houston’s “I Wanna Dance With Somebody” while striking poses on set. We can’t wait to hear them belt out showtunes when Smash returns on Feb. 5.
Click through to check out more photos from the sizzling EW shoot, and be sure to pick up the issue on newsstands now!
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Discovered by Disney: 15 Stars Who Got Their Start With Mickey
- The It Factor: Kelly Rowland's 10 Best Looks
- Editors' Pick: Best Shoe Game
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!
- Star Witness: 15 Celebrities Who Were Witnesses or Called to Testify in Major Cases
- You're Doing it Wrong!: 15 Movies Based on a True Story That Received Backlash From Their Real-Life Characters
- They Survived Torment, Humiliation, And Degradation Before Fame: 15 Stars Who Were Bullied