On his downtime from styling Lady Gaga, launching a street wear line, editing an issue of Dazed and Confused and creating six collections for French fashion house Thierry Mugler– that was a mouthful– designer Nicola Formichetti created Mugler’s first luxury handbag collection.
Boasting futuristic cuts, bold metallics and exotic leathers (patent crocodile, rubber alligator, etc), the thirty-piece collection is a part of Spring 2013 and ranges in price from $1,050 to $18,000. Celebs like Kim Kardashian (above) and Gwen Stefani have already been spotted in the bold purses that will be available at Barneys New York, Opening Ceremony and other select stores in February.
From the little we’ve seen, we’re not incredibly impressed at the simplistic design coupled with the astronomical price. But we’re hoping the best is yet to come and hit stores.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Selena Gomez, Bridget Kelly And More!)
- Shop 16 Chic Accessories For Stylish Gadget Geeks & Techies
- So Hard To Say Goodbye: 15 Celebrity Couples We Were Sad To See Go
- Filtered Flicks: This Week’s Most Stylish On Instagram (Selita Ebanks Shines In Mizrahi, J.Lo Chills On Set With Pitbull And More!)
- Arrested Development: 15 Celebs Who Have Been Arrested
- 15 Celebs Who Ditched Their Long Hair For A Shorter Look
- These Actors Almost Missed Out (And So Did We): 15 Stars Who Nearly Passed On Iconic Roles
- Celeb Moms That Bounced Back After Pregnancy Like It Was Nothing (Beyoncé's Body Post Blue Ivy, Jennifer Lopez's Curves After Twins and More!)