Leave the glitz and glam behind in 2012 because 2013 has a new trend that doesn’t require much. This year designers are maintaining that “less is more,” starting with their Pre-fall 2013 shows. Designers like Burberry have exchanged their colorful, metallic spring trench coats for all black or camel. 3.1 Phillip Lim gave us a collection filled with neutrals, layers and everyone’s go-to print, leopard. Minimalism doesn’t mean you’re shying away from standing out, it means you have the confidence to stand out without trying hard. Even celebrity stylist and designer June Ambrose started her New Year with the bare minimum as she returned to work from holiday break dressed in neutrals from head-to-toe. If she can do it, so can you.
Splurge on these 3.1 Phillip Lim leather overalls. It’ll be oh so Kanye of you and will have you shining from miles away.
The square open back on this Asos body-con midi dress takes its simplicity from cute to hot.
A little peplum never hurt anyone. Make a minimal statement by pairing this Alice + Olivia ponte knit peplum top with a pair of winter white jeans.
This VPL Scapula jacket is for the ultra minimalist. The structured shoulders and clean lines will put the finishing touch on any mod ensemble.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Overnight Sensations: 15 Celebrities Who Seem To Have Made It Overnight
- Tinseltown Magic: 15 Stars Who Have Opted For Plastic Surgery
- These Secret Twists Didn't Get Spoiled: 15 Of Our Favorite Old And New Film Fake-Outs
- Discovered by Disney: 15 Stars Who Got Their Start With Mickey
- The It Factor: Kelly Rowland's 10 Best Looks
- Editors' Pick: Best Shoe Game
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!