By the looks of things Macy’s Inc. is getting a head start on its spring cleaning. The retail giant is gearing up to close six stores come spring 2013. “The three largest Macy’s stores to be shuttered are a 158,000-square-foot Paseo Colorado in Pasadena, Calif., a 362,000-square-foot unit in downtown St. Paul, and a 791,000-square-foot store in downtown Houston,” reports WWD. The company also plans to close two other Macy’s unit, the Belmont, Massachusetts and downtown Honolulu locations. The Bloomingdale’s home store at the Fashion Show Mall in Las Vegas is also on the chopping block. The closings will most likely be a lost for the economies of those areas, but a batch of new locations have something to look forward to.
Over the next two years, they plan to open locations at the Mall at Bay Plaza in the Bronx; the Mall of Victor Valley In Victorville, California; University Town Center in Sarasota, Florida; Gurnee Mills in Gurnee, Illinois; the Shops at Summerlin and a men’s store in the Fashion Show Mall. The company also has plans to build a 200,00 sq ft Macy’s at Westfield South Shore in Bay Shore, NY to replace an older store; which has nothing on the consolidation plans for the two stores at Ridgedale Center in Minnetonka, Minnesota, the result of which will yield a 286,000 square feet store.
Not to be left out, there are also plans to open several Bloomingdale’s locations. The Glendale Galleria in Glendale, California, Fashion Outlets Chicago in Rosemont, Illinois and the Stanford Shopping Center in Palo Alto, California will all see new Bloomingdale’s stores.
StyleBlazers, are any of the Macy’s or Bloomingdale’s coming soon near you?
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Overnight Sensations: 15 Celebrities Who Seem To Have Made It Overnight
- Tinseltown Magic: 15 Stars Who Have Opted For Plastic Surgery
- These Secret Twists Didn't Get Spoiled: 15 Of Our Favorite Old And New Film Fake-Outs
- Discovered by Disney: 15 Stars Who Got Their Start With Mickey
- The It Factor: Kelly Rowland's 10 Best Looks
- Editors' Pick: Best Shoe Game
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!