January through March is generally considered a dumping ground for Hollywood’s worst films. Though this is sometimes the case, the winter stretch is mostly a prime spot to release the more financially untested films of the year. Here are 15 movie stars whose films have been re-adjusted (or dumped) for release in the first quarter of 2013.
Emma Stone & Ryan Gosling
While the upcoming crime epic Gangster Squad is chock full of stars (including Josh Brolin and Sean Penn), the presence of rising superstars Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone should make it nothing less than a blockbuster. So why is it being dumped in a January 11th spot? Following the 2012 shooting in Auroa, Colorado, Warner Bros. opted to move Gangster Squad out of its September 7th release date. This is in part due to a set piece involving a movie theater shootout which has been reportedly been removed, forcing the film to be recut and reshot. Thus, the bump back to January, which has less stiff competition.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- 15 Celebs Who Had Crazy Custody Battles
- Becoming 'Yeezus': How Kanye West's Style Has Evolved Since 'The College Dropout'
- 15 Fashion Trends We Never Want To See Again!
- They Turned Up The Melodrama For TV Movies: 15 Stars Who Starred In Lifetime Original Films
- 15 Celebs Who Love A Pair Of Ripped Jeans
- Extreme Beauty: 15 Wacky Celebrity Beauty Treatments
- The Evolution of Baby Kimye: From Baby Bump to Bouncing Baby Girl!
- Father's Day Love: 15 Of The Most Adorable Celebrity Photos