We’re living in an age where television has almost overtaken the movies in terms of artistic freedom, profitability and popularity. Therefore it is no surprise that so many film stars are transitioning onto the small screen. Television has become the cutting edge medium and to prove it, here are 15 movie stars that are segueing into a series in 2013.
Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN.com
Thomas Harris’ Hannibal Lecter is coming to the small screen in NBC’s Hannibal. The show will focus on the iconic character’s relationship with eventual rival, FBI profiler Will Graham (Hugh Dancy). Madds Mikkelsen will be taking over Lecter from star Anthony Hopkins, while Laurence Fishburne will be stepping out of the cinema spotlight to play Special Agent Jack Crawford. The character is critical to the Hannibal series and was played in previous films by Scott Glenn (Silence of the Lambs), Dennis Farina (Manhunter), and Harvey Keitel (Red Dragon).
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- 15 Once Tween Stars Who Have Ditched The All American Look For A Edgier Persona!
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Selena Gomez, Bridget Kelly And More!)
- Shop 16 Chic Accessories For Stylish Gadget Geeks & Techies
- So Hard To Say Goodbye: 15 Celebrity Couples We Were Sad To See Go
- Filtered Flicks: This Week’s Most Stylish On Instagram (Selita Ebanks Shines In Mizrahi, J.Lo Chills On Set With Pitbull And More!)
- Arrested Development: 15 Celebs Who Have Been Arrested
- 15 Celebs Who Ditched Their Long Hair For A Shorter Look
- These Actors Almost Missed Out (And So Did We): 15 Stars Who Nearly Passed On Iconic Roles