2012 was a banner year for film and television, yielding a number of noteworthy sea changes within Hollywood. From technological innovations to ambitious failures, mega budgeted blockbusters to low budget success stories, here are 15 of Hollywood’s biggest game changing figures and events from last year.
Photo: Josiah True/WENN.com
With Skyfall, director Sam Mendes took everything audiences knew and loved about James Bond and completely inverted it. The resulting film had as much depth of character as it did explosive action and steamy love scenes. The cliche tagline of “James Bond like you’ve never seen him before” has been kicking around the 007 franchise since the 1980s. However, the ad line truly applies to the character’s vulnerable and toughened state in Skyfall, ranking it among the greatest entries of the series. After having grossed over a billion dollars worldwide, it is safe to say James Bond franchise will never be the same.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Arrested Development: 15 Celebs Who Have Been Arrested
- 15 Celebs Who Ditched Their Long Hair For A Shorter Look
- These Actors Almost Missed Out (And So Did We): 15 Stars Who Nearly Passed On Iconic Roles
- Celeb Moms That Bounced Back After Pregnancy Like It Was Nothing (Beyoncé's Body Post Blue Ivy, Jennifer Lopez's Curves After Twins and More!)
- Overnight Sensations: 15 Celebrities Who Seem To Have Made It Overnight
- Tinseltown Magic: 15 Stars Who Have Opted For Plastic Surgery
- These Secret Twists Didn't Get Spoiled: 15 Of Our Favorite Old And New Film Fake-Outs
- Discovered by Disney: 15 Stars Who Got Their Start With Mickey