Breaking into the fashion industry is not such an easy task. It requires patience, skill, impeccable timing and lots and lots of networking. As you work towards your fashion dreams, it’s best to study the greats and learn from their strengths and mistakes.
Click through to check out a list of 13 black fashion stylists you should know.
June Ambrose got her start more than two decades ago in the hip-hop scene, styling the likes of Jay-Z, Sean Combs and Mary J. Blige. Since then she’s become the go-to fashion stylist for an image revamp. She started her branding firm Mod Squad in ’94 and has not looked back since. Recently seen on her own reality fashion stylish show on VH1 Styled By June, June Ambrose’s eccentric character can be spotted at fashion shows and red carpets all over the globe with her assistant Eli Wasserman and mini-me’s in tow.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process
- Musicians At The Movies: 15 Rock Stars, Rappers, And Pop Icons Who Received Their Own Film Vehicles
- 15 Musicians With The Biggest World Tours!
- Hollywood Slim Down: 15 Stars Who Lost Major Weight
- In Light Of Yahoo's Big Day: 10 Fashion Tumblrs You Need To Follow
- Powerball Flashback: A Look At Winners Past