We’re just a few weeks away from the President Barack Obama’s second inauguration. For his first Inaugural Ball, we expected great things from his fashionable wife, First Lady Michelle Obama ,and she has most definitely held up her end of the bargain. In 2009, she wore a stunning white one-shoulder dress by Jason Wu, and we are all waiting with anticipation to see what she will wear to the ball this year. From Michelle Obama to Jackie Onassis, the first ladies throughout history have worn beautiful evening gowns to their husband’s big night.
Click through to take a look back at inaugural ball gowns past.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Overnight Sensations: 15 Celebrities Who Seem To Have Made It Overnight
- Tinseltown Magic: 15 Stars Who Have Opted For Plastic Surgery
- These Secret Twists Didn't Get Spoiled: 15 Of Our Favorite Old And New Film Fake-Outs
- Discovered by Disney: 15 Stars Who Got Their Start With Mickey
- The It Factor: Kelly Rowland's 10 Best Looks
- Editors' Pick: Best Shoe Game
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!