M.I.A. fans, if you’ve been on the edge of your seats waiting for news of the rapper’s fourth album, it’s here.
In an interview with Australia’s Gold Coast Bulletin she revealed that her album is due April 15th in celebration of an South India/North-east Sri Lanka holiday. “It’s due in April, which is the Tamil new year – April 15th – and I’m still working on it.” Entitled, “Mathangi” the album refers to her name and the Hindu goddess of wisdom.
The singer who released a book of art in October, cited management direction as the reason for the two year delay. Saying she was “too positive” M.I.A. said, “It’s like ‘We just built you up as the public enemy No. 1 and now you’re coming out with all this positive stuff.’ I’m taking my time to decide what they means.”
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)
- Modelizers: Leading Men Who Chose Models
- The Sequels Being Fast Tracked That You Didn't Expect: 15 Upcoming (And Surprising) Franchise Follow-Ups
- Billboard Music Awards: Best Dressed History
- Fitspiration: Brown Girls DO Work Out! (Our Fave Celebs Getting It In At The Gym)
- Fine Wine: 15 Men Who Got Better Looking With Age
- Embellished Fashion Pieces for Day & Night