And the year of Kerry continues. With a hit television series resting nicely under her belt, a buzzed-about movie currently in theaters, and a red carpet style that won’t quit, we expect to be seeing Kerry Washington‘s face everywhere this year. Now she’s kicked off 2013 with a hot cover from the London-based, African fashion glossy, ARISE magazine. Big talent for a big issue.
ARISE’s issue 18 includes some read worthy features. They “explore Africa’s top ten growth industries for 2013 and introduce ten African talents set to hit the big time in 2013,” ARISE explained on their site. But what is most intriguing is their sit down with EIC of Vogue Italia, Franca Sozzani, which they teased,
In a fascinating and candid interview with ARISE she defends L’Uomo Vogue’s contentious Rebranding Africa issue, explains why Lagos needs a Rodeo Drive and answers that much-debated question: Will there ever be an Vogue Africa?
See. Big talent for a big issue.
Though Kerry covers the issue with a darling fresh face, and soft tussled strands, we wouldn’t have minded seeing her dolled up and decked out in avant garde attire—signature of ARISE covers. But perhaps the new year means a fresh aesthetic for the pub!
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)
- Modelizers: Leading Men Who Chose Models
- The Sequels Being Fast Tracked That You Didn't Expect: 15 Upcoming (And Surprising) Franchise Follow-Ups
- Billboard Music Awards: Best Dressed History
- Fitspiration: Brown Girls DO Work Out! (Our Fave Celebs Getting It In At The Gym)
- Fine Wine: 15 Men Who Got Better Looking With Age
- Embellished Fashion Pieces for Day & Night