For celebrity directors, actors, and musicians, staying relevant with audiences can be difficult. There comes a point in every creative person’s career when they have to step outside of their comfort zone and take new risks, lest they be accused of doing more of the same with the passing of time. Here are 15 Hollywood figures who are going after new innovations in 2013 with the hope to reinvent or reinvigorate their careers.
Arnold Schwarzenegger is now 65 years old and has spent ten years off of the big screen. Two terms as the Governor of California have given Hollywood pause as to whether or not his star power can still carry a mega-budgeted picture. As such, Schwarzenegger is tackling two new subgenres this year to mark his big screen rebirth. The Last Stand, released in theaters January 18th, has Schwarzenegger tackling his first Western. The film’s plot has Schwarzenegger playing a small-time Sheriff intent on defending his border town from a drug cartel on the lamb. His follow-up, The Tomb, hits theaters September 27th and has the former bodybuilder playing an inmate at a maximum security prison. The enigmatic role sees him begrudgingly help break out a new fish inmate who also designed the prison (Sylvester Stallone). Both roles stray from Schwarzenegger’s typicaly super powered roles and will force the actor to draw on his vulnerabilities as an actor.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!
- Star Witness: 15 Celebrities Who Were Witnesses or Called to Testify in Major Cases
- You're Doing it Wrong!: 15 Movies Based on a True Story That Received Backlash From Their Real-Life Characters
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process