Don’t you just love Regina King? We do. Not only is she a standout actress, but she’s also a knockout beauty. She flexed her beauty muscle last night at the 39th Annual People’s Choice Awards with a soft and oh so pretty look. Who says neutral makeup can’t be a little dramatic? Surely not King’s makeup artist!
So if you love the look, here are our steps on how to get it…
1. After applying your foundation (we love new Giorgio Armani Maestro Foundation for oily skin, but if you have drier skin, try Koh Gen Do Moisture Foundation), take a cream concealer (like Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit) 2-3 shades lighter than your skin tone and apply it to the bridge of the nose, under the brow bone, under the eyes and the tops of the cheeks, the center of the forehead, the bow of the lip, and the tip of the chin. This will give you a great highlighted look just like Regina’s. Blend it all in with a tool like MAC #188 brush or the ever popular beautyblender. Set with powder (like MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural).
2. For the eyes, apply an eyeshadow base (see our faves here) and then sweep a matte shadow close to your skin tone on the lower lid. Then apply an iridescent silver shadow (like MAC Eyeshadow in Crystal Avalanche on the center of the lip and in the inner corners of the eyes. Gently blend and apply black liner to both the top and bottom water lines leaving the inner corners free for the silver shadow. Apply 2-3 coats of mascara. For a more dramatic look apply lashes (we ADORE Lise Watier Clin D’Oeil False Lashes for giving a dramatic yet natural looking lash). Fill and groom the brows in as needed. Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil in perfect for this with its wedge pencil on one end and spooly on the other.
3. Finish it all off with a bold peach blush (like Illamasqua Powder Blusher in Excite) and a neutral gloss (like MAC Lustreglass in Beaux).
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- 15 Celebs Who Had Crazy Custody Battles
- Becoming 'Yeezus': How Kanye West's Style Has Evolved Since 'The College Dropout'
- 15 Fashion Trends We Never Want To See Again!
- They Turned Up The Melodrama For TV Movies: 15 Stars Who Starred In Lifetime Original Films
- 15 Celebs Who Love A Pair Of Ripped Jeans
- Extreme Beauty: 15 Wacky Celebrity Beauty Treatments
- The Evolution of Baby Kimye: From Baby Bump to Bouncing Baby Girl!
- Father's Day Love: 15 Of The Most Adorable Celebrity Photos