At the 70th Annual Golden Globe Awards, Lucy Liu’s Carolina Herrera gown was completely and utterly fresh, pun oh-so intended. Of course we appreciate how confectionery powder blue, the sleek strapless detail, and oodles of volume combine effortlessly. The craftsmanship credit goes to the designer because without vision, these ingredients could have easily expired all chances of making it on our best dressed list.
Still, the starlet deserves equal recognition because she was brave enough to rock the floral trend during winter, the most unexpected season for prints of the garden variety. Honestly, traipsing around town in full bloom when meteorologists in some cities are still forecasting ”snow flurries” seems like a walking and talking contradiction. Well, we couldn’t be happier the Elementary star took a risk and followed the infamous words of Marilyn Monroe: “it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.”
Inspired, we’ve rounded up floral frocks that are equally as precious, but more functional for the everyday woman. In Liu fashion, we hope you’ll be encouraged to tackle the trend early on as well. Don’t forget! Adding the proper cold weather accessories—a pair of tights here, a leather jacket there—will make all the difference.
Click through the slideshow if you’re ready to kick start the new year with a bloom!
Sheer Sleeved Floral Dress, $41.99
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- 15 Once Tween Stars Who Have Ditched The All American Look For A Edgier Persona!
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Selena Gomez, Bridget Kelly And More!)
- Shop 16 Chic Accessories For Stylish Gadget Geeks & Techies
- So Hard To Say Goodbye: 15 Celebrity Couples We Were Sad To See Go
- Filtered Flicks: This Week’s Most Stylish On Instagram (Selita Ebanks Shines In Mizrahi, J.Lo Chills On Set With Pitbull And More!)
- Arrested Development: 15 Celebs Who Have Been Arrested
- 15 Celebs Who Ditched Their Long Hair For A Shorter Look
- These Actors Almost Missed Out (And So Did We): 15 Stars Who Nearly Passed On Iconic Roles