Film is an artistic medium of collaboration. Like a well oiled machine, actors, directors, writers, producers, and crew members form a system to put a movie together. However, many filmmakers take for granted the fact that audiences and critics appreciate fresh collaboration between their cinema idols as much as they do a great story or performance. With this in mind, here are 15 teams of directors, actors, and writers whose continued collaboration may be verging on predictable, uninspired, and tiresome.
Johnny Depp & Tim Burton
Tim Burton has had many muses, but none has inspired more films than Johnny Depp. While Edward Scissorhands and Ed Wood are considered classics among their work, Sleepy Hollow, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and The Corpse Bride received very mixed reviews from fans and critics alike. Still, all were profitable, leading the pair to Sweeney Todd (a major critical and financial hit) and Alice In Wonderland (a massive blockbuster with mixed reviews). Last year’s Dark Shadows remake was budgeted at $150 million and unfortunately received mixed reviews and disappointing profits. This is a likely sign that, above all, audiences and critics are growing tired of Burton and Depp’s collectively quirky commercial efforts.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- The Evolution of Baby Kimye: From Baby Bump to Bouncing Baby Girl!
- Father's Day Love: 15 Of The Most Adorable Celebrity Photos
- 15 Of the Most Surprising Things Celebs Have Said
- Red Carpet Rundown: The Best Looks Of The 2013 Daytime Emmy Awards
- Married and Barely Legal: 15 Celebs That Got Married Before 21
- Where Are They Now? 15 Rappers Who Fell Off the Map
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Jordana Brewster, Hollis Wakeema And More!)
- The 15 StyleBlazer Closets We'd Love to Peek Into!