Oh, the life of a celebrity. Most of us would kill to party wherever we want, treat ourselves to the most quality of products, and feel like nothing is unattainable for us. But what happens when your life becomes consumed with more than you had bargained for? Many celebrities, young or old, veterans or rookies, high profile or D-listers can become consumed with what can be a very deadly distraction: drugs. While some of them do indeed overcome the pressures of being an addict, others are not so lucky. Check out which celebrities are or were once struggling with substance abuse issues.
The famed songstress, actress, and all around musical icon Whitney Houston seemed to have it all, and while her winter 2012 death came as a shock to nearly all of her fans, most were not surprised when the final coroner’s report hinted at the idea that drugs were involved in her death. Whitney’s struggle with drugs, presumably coke, has never been a secret / Whitney Houston died February 11,2012 with a final toxicology report finding coke, Flexeril (a muscle relaxer), Xanax, marijuana, and Benadryl in her system.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!
- Star Witness: 15 Celebrities Who Were Witnesses or Called to Testify in Major Cases
- You're Doing it Wrong!: 15 Movies Based on a True Story That Received Backlash From Their Real-Life Characters
- They Survived Torment, Humiliation, And Degradation Before Fame: 15 Stars Who Were Bullied
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process