Raf Simons gives us a peek into his creative lab with the Pre-Fall collection he’s cooked up for Christian Dior.
Seamstresses, tailors, mannequins, sewing machines and draped fabrics in the house’s atelier, work as the backdrop for the shoot. The actual collection has a stark divide with more masculine pieces–like pantsuits, blazers and trench-coats–on one end and feminine pieces– velvet dresses, hounds tooth mini skirts and dramatic full skirts– on the other. What does bring both sides together are the beautifully layered fabrics incorporated in unique ways.
Take a look at some of our favorite pieces below and on the next page.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!
- Star Witness: 15 Celebrities Who Were Witnesses or Called to Testify in Major Cases
- You're Doing it Wrong!: 15 Movies Based on a True Story That Received Backlash From Their Real-Life Characters
- They Survived Torment, Humiliation, And Degradation Before Fame: 15 Stars Who Were Bullied
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process