Today we are rockin’ out to dozens of Aaliyah tracks in honor of her 34th birthday. Since her tragic death 11 years ago, the music industry has mourned the passing of the “Princess of R&B.” And today we’re celebrating her music, spirit and personal style. In the ’90s, hip-hop and R&B artists exuded sex appeal or a more laid-back tomboy style. Aaliyah embraced the latter, and rocked loose fitted jeans, Tommy Hilfiger boxers, belly baring tops, dark shades and her signature side swept bang and straight hair.
Imitation is the highest form of flattery, and over the years entertainers have tried to emulate Aaliyah’s style.
Click through to see entertainers who have jocked Aaliyah’s tomboy style.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Editors' Pick: Must Have Summer Items
- TV Chic: Top 15 Most Fashionable TV Characters
- 15 Fitness Tips & Tricks From The Stars
- 15 Timeless Beauties We Love
- The Fountain of Youth: 15 Celebrity Anti-Aging Tips & Tricks
- 15 Celebrities Who Helped Revive Other Celeb's Careers
- Films of the Future? 15 Movies That Accurately Predicted Events
- 15 Celebs Who Had Crazy Custody Battles