In Milan, twins Dean and Dan Caten premiered their DSquared2 menswear fall 2013 collection called La Nouvelle Noir, french for the new black. The 1940s jazz club-inspired collection is filled with top hats, paisley ties, tailored jackets in camel, grey flannel and tartan; while also infusing a couple military-inspired looks. More notable pieces included the floral embroidery and beaded shirt and waistcoat, the silk paisley robe and trousers. Though there were sparks of color throughout the collection, like a fire engine red, the highlight of the collection was the black men that stomped down the runway. That’s right. Every man who graced the DSquared2 catwalk represented a black man of every shade, background, personality and character. And they all looked very damn good doing so.
Take a peek at La Nouvelle Noir collection below.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process
- Musicians At The Movies: 15 Rock Stars, Rappers, And Pop Icons Who Received Their Own Film Vehicles
- 15 Musicians With The Biggest World Tours!
- Hollywood Slim Down: 15 Stars Who Lost Major Weight
- In Light Of Yahoo's Big Day: 10 Fashion Tumblrs You Need To Follow
- Powerball Flashback: A Look At Winners Past
- Hollywood's 15 Most Famous On Again-Off Again Couples