Queens streets never looked so sleek. Annie Leibovitz transformed NYC into a high-fashion photoshoot to celebrate real life superheroes. Supermodels Chanel Iman and Karlie Kloss locked arms with the brave men of Ladder 121 and Engine 65 in Far Rockaway for the magazine’s February issue. A host of Hurricane Sandy first responders, Coast Guard members and Con Edison workers share the spotlight alongside fashion supermodels. The grit and heroism of the stories of their rescue missions and resolve to restore the city makes the editorial a standout.
VOGUE has done much for its hometown since Hurricane Sandy devastated its shores last October. The magazine teamed up with the CFDA and raised $1.7 million through the Fashion for Sandy relief auction.
Check out the full editorial in VOGUE‘s February issue.
StyleBlazers, what do you think of VOGUE‘s ode to NY’s finest?
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Selena Gomez, Bridget Kelly And More!)
- Shop 16 Chic Accessories For Stylish Gadget Geeks & Techies
- So Hard To Say Goodbye: 15 Celebrity Couples We Were Sad To See Go
- Filtered Flicks: This Week’s Most Stylish On Instagram (Selita Ebanks Shines In Mizrahi, J.Lo Chills On Set With Pitbull And More!)
- Arrested Development: 15 Celebs Who Have Been Arrested
- 15 Celebs Who Ditched Their Long Hair For A Shorter Look
- These Actors Almost Missed Out (And So Did We): 15 Stars Who Nearly Passed On Iconic Roles
- Celeb Moms That Bounced Back After Pregnancy Like It Was Nothing (Beyoncé's Body Post Blue Ivy, Jennifer Lopez's Curves After Twins and More!)