Washington, D.C. is abuzz with planning for the the second swearing in of President Barack Obama, while the fashion world holds its breath in anticipation to see First Lady Michelle Obama‘s picks for Inauguration Day. Four years ago she wore a lemongrass yellow Isabel Toledo shift dress for the day, and a gorgeous white off-the-shoulder chiffon gown by Jason Wu for the ball. WWD reports that more than 20 designers have sent in dress sketches in hopes to be chosen to dress her for the momentous occasion.
Here’s a portion of the running list of designers we may see Michelle Obama rocking on Monday.
Photo: Getty Images
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!
- Star Witness: 15 Celebrities Who Were Witnesses or Called to Testify in Major Cases
- You're Doing it Wrong!: 15 Movies Based on a True Story That Received Backlash From Their Real-Life Characters
- They Survived Torment, Humiliation, And Degradation Before Fame: 15 Stars Who Were Bullied
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process