Many musicians would love to believe that just because they were in a popular band or group, they will have just as much popularity as a solo artist. More often than not, that is not the case, which can sometimes be tragic when the artist possesses a huge amount of talent. As as we’ve seen time and time again, however, you need much more than talent to make it in the music business.
Check out our list of 15 failed attempts to jump-start a solo career by popular band members.
‘N Sync was by far one of the best boy bands because it had more than one talented singer. J.C. had a strong, soulful voice, and his dancing wasn’t anything to sneer at either but maybe he lacked the charisma because his solo career never took off. His debut album Schizophrenic was only slightly successful and his 2nd album was never released. And what’s worse is that even Justin Timberlake acknowledged his vocal superiority saying, “In my opinion, he had the best voice out of all of us…Out of all the boy bands, call ‘em what you will, he was the one that could out-sing all of us.” Too bad talent doesn’t win all, JC would be a shoe-in.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Editors' Pick: Must Have Summer Items
- 15 Fitness Tips & Tricks From The Stars
- 15 Timeless Beauties We Love
- The Fountain of Youth: 15 Celebrity Anti-Aging Tips & Tricks
- 15 Celebrities Who Helped Revive Other Celeb's Careers
- Films of the Future? 15 Movies That Accurately Predicted Events
- 15 Celebs Who Had Crazy Custody Battles