It seemed like it was a wrap for former Dior designer, John Galliano when footage of him kirking off anti-Semitic slurs in public went viral. Galliano was fined and fired from the French design house, disappearing for two years. Now, he’s finally planning a comeback with the help of Oscar de la Renta.
It’s been reported by WWD that Galliano got the opportunity–via Anna Wintour– to “spend some time with him [de la Renta] in his studio over the next three weeks.” There are no details as to what he was doing, but it has got the fashion world buzzing. In a forgiving tone, de la Renta noted that a second chance is deserved. “I think John is doing all the right things,” he told the trade publication.
There has been rumors/talk of Galliano joining Diego Della Valle’s revived Schiaparelli label, but what is for sure is the designer acknowledging the problems that led to his downturn. “I am an alcoholic. I have been in recovery for the past two years, he told WWD. “Several years prior to my sobriety, I descended into the madness of the disease. I said and did things which hurt others, especially members of the Jewish community. I have expressed my sorrow privately and publicly for the pain which I caused, and I continue to do so. I remain committed to making amends to those I have hurt.”
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- 15 Celebs Who Had Crazy Custody Battles
- Becoming 'Yeezus': How Kanye West's Style Has Evolved Since 'The College Dropout'
- 15 Fashion Trends We Never Want To See Again!
- They Turned Up The Melodrama For TV Movies: 15 Stars Who Starred In Lifetime Original Films
- 15 Celebs Who Love A Pair Of Ripped Jeans
- Extreme Beauty: 15 Wacky Celebrity Beauty Treatments
- The Evolution of Baby Kimye: From Baby Bump to Bouncing Baby Girl!
- Father's Day Love: 15 Of The Most Adorable Celebrity Photos