Last week, we asked you about the obsession that black women seem to have with weaves and now we ask you, does it seem like there’s a war going on between relaxed and natural hair wearers? Women with natural hair boast a certain pride of accepting their natural kinks and coils with its diversity of styling, and women with relaxed hair are loyal to their “creamy crack” and regular visits to the Dominican salons. Women who have relaxed hair usually have a belief that women with natural hair are afro-centric, free-spirited, or simply have “good hair” and the women with natural hair may feel if relaxing your hair is toxic, subjective to European’s standard of beauty, and/or a lazy way to keep your hair styled.
Styleblazers we ask you, does there seem to be a war going on between relaxed and natural hair wearers? There’s definitely a misconception on both ends!
Tunisia Z. Wilson
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)
- Modelizers: Leading Men Who Chose Models
- The Sequels Being Fast Tracked That You Didn't Expect: 15 Upcoming (And Surprising) Franchise Follow-Ups
- Billboard Music Awards: Best Dressed History
- Fitspiration: Brown Girls DO Work Out! (Our Fave Celebs Getting It In At The Gym)
- Fine Wine: 15 Men Who Got Better Looking With Age
- Embellished Fashion Pieces for Day & Night