One of Target’s last attempt at a collaboration blockbuster was an epic failure. Not one to stay down for too long, the retailer is back on the proverbial horse and trying new tricks. Unlike the collaboration programs of the past —Go International and The Shops at Targets— this time, the mass retailer is giving “stand-alone collections” a go. One of the upcoming collaboration the retailer has lined up for 2013 is that with celebrity stylist, Kate Young. According to WWD, she is set to design a “line of semi-formal and special-occasion dresses,” which will hit stores and Target.com on April 14th. Apparel will range in price from $29.99 to $89.99, while jewelery, handbags and shoes, which will only be available online, will range from $14.99 to $49.99.
Senior vice president of apparel and accessories, Trish Adams, seems excited about the collection. WWD quoted her as having said, “this is another example of how we continue to challenge the status quo. This program is markedly different. This is the first time we’ve worked with a stylist. It’s interesting [to work] with someone that may not have formal training. It’s the first time a limited-time collection has been so focused. We always wanted to do a line of semiformal and special occasion dresses. Here’s someone that creates jaw-dropping moments.” We, on the other hand, are a little apprehensive. We are a firm believer in the saying “anything that seems too good to be true probably is.” With that said, evening-wear at such a low price point just seems too good to be true. We will hold off on the celebration until we can examine the quality of the merchandise.
StyleBlazers, will you turn to Target for your evening wear needs?
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Overnight Sensations: 15 Celebrities Who Seem To Have Made It Overnight
- Tinseltown Magic: 15 Stars Who Have Opted For Plastic Surgery
- These Secret Twists Didn't Get Spoiled: 15 Of Our Favorite Old And New Film Fake-Outs
- Discovered by Disney: 15 Stars Who Got Their Start With Mickey
- The It Factor: Kelly Rowland's 10 Best Looks
- Editors' Pick: Best Shoe Game
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!