Actor Todd Bridges (“Willis Jackson” from Diff’rent Strokes) said it best, “No one ever goes into addiction thinking that you’re going to get addicted to drugs.” The desire to get a high, numb the pain, or feel accepted is usually the only thought considered for those who use drugs. Often the allure of the drug is so strong that many people, celebrities included, get sucked in before they are even legally able to drink.
Find out which celebs fell into substance abuse during their childhood and teenage years.
Mary J. Blige
The triumphant songbird got into drugs at the age of 16 as a coping mechanism for a myriad of issues she went through as a child. By the time she hit fame, Blige says, her drug and alcohol addictions were bigger than she was.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process
- Musicians At The Movies: 15 Rock Stars, Rappers, And Pop Icons Who Received Their Own Film Vehicles
- 15 Musicians With The Biggest World Tours!
- Hollywood Slim Down: 15 Stars Who Lost Major Weight
- In Light Of Yahoo's Big Day: 10 Fashion Tumblrs You Need To Follow
- Powerball Flashback: A Look At Winners Past