Photos: Jada Gomez-Lacayo/ StyleBlazer
The confetti has been swept away, and DC’s city streets are returning to normalcy, but we are still feeling the electric excitement from yesterday’s Inauguration ceremony! We were live at the National Mall to witness a slice of history, along with a sea of smiling faces.
We’ve all seen the dresses and heard the performances, so today we wanted to bring a bit of the excitement to you firsthand. We’ll never forget hearing President Barack Obama‘s speech live and First Lady Michelle Obama looking absolutely stellar by his side. But the crowd and the chants are also moments that will always be synonymous with the historical event.
From “Obama” chants to elderly women who touched our hearts, check out 6 of our favorite moments from the 2013 Inauguration ceremony.
1. Currently on our wish lists: Michelle Obama’s (insert fab article of clothing here) everything!
From her second Jason Wu Inaugural gown to her gorgeous winter coat, the First Lady’s fashion was flawless! Excuse us while we cut some bangs.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Selena Gomez, Bridget Kelly And More!)
- Shop 16 Chic Accessories For Stylish Gadget Geeks & Techies
- So Hard To Say Goodbye: 15 Celebrity Couples We Were Sad To See Go
- Filtered Flicks: This Week’s Most Stylish On Instagram (Selita Ebanks Shines In Mizrahi, J.Lo Chills On Set With Pitbull And More!)
- Arrested Development: 15 Celebs Who Have Been Arrested
- 15 Celebs Who Ditched Their Long Hair For A Shorter Look
- These Actors Almost Missed Out (And So Did We): 15 Stars Who Nearly Passed On Iconic Roles
- Celeb Moms That Bounced Back After Pregnancy Like It Was Nothing (Beyoncé's Body Post Blue Ivy, Jennifer Lopez's Curves After Twins and More!)