It’s no secret where Raf Simons found his inspiration for his Christian Dior spring 2013 couture collection. Where else, but the season itself? Models walked down a garden, countryside runway wearing colorful garments filled with flower details like delicate beaded, embroidered and appliqué blooms placed on gowns, gloves, tops and even hair bonnets. Though the garments, screaming with color, were enough to stand out on their own, it was the details that turned them from average to haute couture. The metallic pointy-toe pumps to match every look, the pixie cut wigs worn on every model, the model’s shimmering crystal lips done by makeup artist Pat McGrath and the layering of skirts over skirts, to name a few. If the cold weather we’ve been receiving the past couple days doesn’t have you counting down the days to spring, this collection sure will.
Take a peek below to see the countryside hauteness.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- 15 Once Tween Stars Who Have Ditched The All American Look For A Edgier Persona!
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Selena Gomez, Bridget Kelly And More!)
- Shop 16 Chic Accessories For Stylish Gadget Geeks & Techies
- So Hard To Say Goodbye: 15 Celebrity Couples We Were Sad To See Go
- Filtered Flicks: This Week’s Most Stylish On Instagram (Selita Ebanks Shines In Mizrahi, J.Lo Chills On Set With Pitbull And More!)
- Arrested Development: 15 Celebs Who Have Been Arrested
- 15 Celebs Who Ditched Their Long Hair For A Shorter Look
- These Actors Almost Missed Out (And So Did We): 15 Stars Who Nearly Passed On Iconic Roles