Whether or not you agree with it, celebrities and politics go hand-in-hand. Politicians frequently seek the approval of notable names to help influence public opinion. However, not all celebrities are content with endorsements. Here are 15 famous figures who are known for making a political stir!
Actor/director Clint Eastwood has always been a very political celebrity. The man was among Hollywood’s rabble to criticize Nixon during the Watergate scandal and the latter part of the Vietnam war. Over the course of his career, he has made several detours into politics—he served as mayor of Carmel-by-the-Sea, California and has served on California Film Commission. Last year, he lit a wildfire of controversy by both sounding his support for gay marriage (despite his sympathies toward the Republican party) and for doing a comedy bit mocking President Obama at the Republican National Committee. Of the latter, Eastwood commented “The Democrats who were watching thought I was going senile and the Republicans knew I was.”
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- 15 Once Tween Stars Who Have Ditched The All American Look For A Edgier Persona!
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Selena Gomez, Bridget Kelly And More!)
- Shop 16 Chic Accessories For Stylish Gadget Geeks & Techies
- So Hard To Say Goodbye: 15 Celebrity Couples We Were Sad To See Go
- Filtered Flicks: This Week’s Most Stylish On Instagram (Selita Ebanks Shines In Mizrahi, J.Lo Chills On Set With Pitbull And More!)
- Arrested Development: 15 Celebs Who Have Been Arrested
- 15 Celebs Who Ditched Their Long Hair For A Shorter Look
- These Actors Almost Missed Out (And So Did We): 15 Stars Who Nearly Passed On Iconic Roles