A career in the military offers the chance to learn unique set of skills. Among these attributes are discipline, resolve, tenacity and teamwork. With respect for all those who have or are currently serving in the United States Armed Forces, here are 15 celebrities with noteworthy military careers who translated their skills into success within the entertainment industry.
Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN.com
In 1955, actor Harvey Keitel joined the United States Marine Corps. He was 16 at the time and, merely two years later, he would be stationed in Lebanon for Operation Blue Bat. Keitel was one of 14,000 men to defend Beirut International Airport and the Port of Beirut from Syrian and Egyptian threats. The operation is attributed with successfully supporting the pro-Western Lebanese Government under President Camille Chamoun. Keitel would later go on play several military figures across the course of his career.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- 15 Celebs Who Had Crazy Custody Battles
- Becoming 'Yeezus': How Kanye West's Style Has Evolved Since 'The College Dropout'
- 15 Fashion Trends We Never Want To See Again!
- They Turned Up The Melodrama For TV Movies: 15 Stars Who Starred In Lifetime Original Films
- 15 Celebs Who Love A Pair Of Ripped Jeans
- Extreme Beauty: 15 Wacky Celebrity Beauty Treatments
- The Evolution of Baby Kimye: From Baby Bump to Bouncing Baby Girl!
- Father's Day Love: 15 Of The Most Adorable Celebrity Photos