Photo: Kyle Blair/WENN.com
If you haven’t already checked it out, the Style Network premiered the new show Kimora: House of Fab, which follows fashion designer and model Kimora Lee Simmons in her new role as president and creative director of online shoe retailer, Just Fab. The Baby Phat veteran sat down with TheGrio to discuss the show. When asked about celebrity clothing lines, Kimora says that she’s an originator:
“Before us there wasn’t any Beyoncé, there wasn’t Sean John or Justin Timberlake, there wasn’t Jessica Simpson. There wasn’t any of that. We really laid the blueprint for that. One thing I love about myself is this business is that I don’t have to rely on the sales of an album, or my movie being a hit for my clothing to be a hit.”
She also discussed how important it is to keep a healthy relationship for the sake of her children, with her ex-husbands Russell Simmons and Djimon Hounsou.
Check out the full interview below.
What do you think, StyleBlazers? Is Kimora Lee Simmons the pioneer of celebrity fashion brands?
-Adrienne A. Gadling
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Editors' Pick: Must Have Summer Items
- TV Chic: Top 15 Most Fashionable TV Characters
- 15 Fitness Tips & Tricks From The Stars
- 15 Timeless Beauties We Love
- The Fountain of Youth: 15 Celebrity Anti-Aging Tips & Tricks
- 15 Celebrities Who Helped Revive Other Celeb's Careers
- Films of the Future? 15 Movies That Accurately Predicted Events
- 15 Celebs Who Had Crazy Custody Battles