Photo: Marcio Madeira/News Pictures/WENN
For only its second season showing at Couture Week, Maison Martin Margiela has definitely marked it’ spot in the couture arena. If you can look past the ornate head pieces (something we’re sure Kanye West was into), then you will appreciate the beautiful reconstruction of this collection that ripped the runway at Paris Fashion Week. Most of the 19 looks sent down the runway were recycled. There were beaded 1920′s evening gowns that were resurrected into outerwear. The designers achieved this by restoring bead work and bonding them onto coats (including a trench coat, “cigarette line” coat and an oversize windbreaker jacket). Floral prints and a feathered bandeau top made for the perfect getaway attire, while gowns in red velvet and whimsical prints will surely please the eccentric crowd.
Perhaps the most delightful part of the show were the pieces that were made entirely out of candy wrappers, which we first spotted in Margiela’s collaboration with H&M. According to the press material at the show, the candy “fur” took 70 hours to make, something we’re sure anyone with a sweet tooth can appreciate.
Check out our fave looks from the Maison Martin Margiela’s Spring couture collection.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)
- Modelizers: Leading Men Who Chose Models
- The Sequels Being Fast Tracked That You Didn't Expect: 15 Upcoming (And Surprising) Franchise Follow-Ups
- Billboard Music Awards: Best Dressed History
- Fitspiration: Brown Girls DO Work Out! (Our Fave Celebs Getting It In At The Gym)
- Fine Wine: 15 Men Who Got Better Looking With Age
- Embellished Fashion Pieces for Day & Night