Photo: Juergen Teller/ W Magazine
Powerhouse A-listers Freida Pinto and Kerry Washington are among the actresses featured in W Magazine‘s February issue. The fashionistas are among 33 of Hollywood’s brightest stars who shared moments from their successful careers.
Kerry shares the emotional journey of filming Django Unchained, while Freida talks about stepping outside of herself to take on a submissive role in Trishna. Head over to W Magazine for the full editorial.
Click through for more highlights from the W feature, on newsstands now.
Kerry Washington in Django Unchained:
“I wouldn’t say I’m drawn to controversy, but I try not to let the fear of controversy get in the way of my decisions. I wasn’t sure I was the right person to play Broomhilda, a slave, in Django. The thing I learned most was the enormous strength it would take any human being to survive the circumstances of slavery, because I barely survived it for pretend. I kept telling Quentin [Tarantino], ‘I’m going to send you my extra therapy bills.’ I was up to twice a week on the phone with my shrink.”
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!
- Star Witness: 15 Celebrities Who Were Witnesses or Called to Testify in Major Cases
- You're Doing it Wrong!: 15 Movies Based on a True Story That Received Backlash From Their Real-Life Characters
- They Survived Torment, Humiliation, And Degradation Before Fame: 15 Stars Who Were Bullied
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process